Amateur Radio Courses
We will endeavor to keep the waiting list to a minimum but also to run the courses to maximum strength, to keep your costs as low as possible.
This may mean having to wait for the dates to be confirmed. Please contact us for full details of the Lead Instructor will then promptly contact you. More about licensing
Our 36th Foundation course reported in RADCOM
RSGB Foundation Course
Location: Army Cadet Force Centre, Icknield Way, Letchworth. SG6 4AD
Cost: £45. includes room hire and exam/licence fee of £27.50.
This will qualify you for a transmitting licence.
For further details: or ring 01438 489045 or 07986 367 537
What the course involves.
You will need the £5 “Foundation Licence Now” book from RSGB or Rocket Radio
1. Registration and payment.
This has to be done at least 12 working days before the exam.
You will need formal ID, as your licence will be a legal document.
Instruction on how to register with OFCOM will also be given.
2. Practical assignments are done on the Tuesday nights.
These have to be completed before the exam is taken.
3. Saturday, the Theory and any missing assignments are done.
A practice paper is provided for you to try.
4. Sunday Morning. The Practice paper is marked and any bits that were wrong are revised.
5. Sunday 12 noon you show your formal ID and take the test paper consisting of 25 multi-choice questions. This takes up to 45 minutes.
6. We mark your paper, give you the result then send it to OFCOM.
7. A week later, you go on-line and get your licence.
Location: SADARS - Stevenage.
Costs: around £50
Advanced Exam, TBA
We only provide the exam. However due to building rental costs, a fee will be payable. We have found that potential candidates self teach and use a mentor in the Society for any difficult areas. The more candidates the cost of buildings rent decreases.
Cost: Exam fee and cost of room hire.